Friday, April 13, 2007

As it all begins

wow! this has surely been a hectice week. I even only managed to squeeze the gym in once so far. considering i try to keep to a minimum of 3-4 times a week. Don't worry its a pretty new resolution. i haven't been holding out on u'all that much.

I have been visiting and touring preschools all week for the girls. I knew this time would come pretty soon, and I was actually doing my research slowly but now its come to push or shove. I blogged abt some interview a while back. (omara if u remember we talked abt it) but anyways i finally got a callfrom them on tuesday. And i am quite sure its due to my persistent stalking. But non the lest, I finally got that call n they want me to start nxt tuesday. Ok see what i have put on my self. i have been praying abt it n i asked God to do it speedily but i don't quite think I thot it would be soo soon.

So hence, I am left with the dilema of what to do with the girls. I t really shouldn't be that hard considering that there are gazillions of schools nested around but thats the problem really too many n li know nothing abt them. no recs form peopel cos i don't know anyone in the area. Yeah I am pretty much a home buddy n a loner. I didn't even know that my nxt door neighbour of over a yr now actually has a daughter thats around the girls ages. she's going to be 4 later this yr. n i am seriuos she lives at the next house on my left. not a couple of houses of over. didn't know till yesterday when i was out on the front yard trying to spark a new hobby. gardening. anyways the little girl n her dad where walking towards us n i noticed the girls had stopp picking up the leaves i had asked them to n where focusing on something else, as i looked up, i saw them all walking towards the little girl big grins on their face. she was holding out a golf ball in her hand that she had found and was beckoning them to come take a look. anyways long story short thats how i found out they lived nxt door

so where was I again? anyways, i asked the girls pediatrician and dentist and they recommended a couple like that their job. but i amgrateful they had some. so i started wiv those ist then embarked on the rest.

if i should blog abt the whole school process in its entirety, this will be one hella of long blog. but i will spare u. maybe nxt blog. but i do know i never thot it would be this hard. but u know what, i often find it extremely annoying shopping for the girls cos most often time i can't find three of the same size esecially in shoes so i really shouldn't have been surprised that i got alot of oh its so late in the school yr n we don't have three spaces. so what do u want me to do? do ini mini mani mo n leave one of the girls at home?

some of the places i went to schould be called daycare or babysitters. i mean u can tell that they probably don't do much but sleep n play. I want a place where my kids r going to be challenged. shoo let them come home with home work n mommy will have to take a steo back to see if she is smarter than a preschooler (lol) any one wathces that show?

I swear i wish i could send the girls back home to school. i so much chericsh the education n the standard that we were held to back home. i think by 2 at least, we had started school. my hubby who hasn't ever been in naija, has so much respect for the system. he actually suggested it first. but i will absolutely not part wit my babies. then there is the option of me going with them, what in d world am i supposed to do back home? all my immediate family is here in the states.

anyways after all the headache n heartache of falling in luv with one school to be told that they had to have been three by last september b4 they can enter the 3 yr old class. what d fuck. why call it the threee yr old clas? thats soo misleading. it should have been called the pre 4. or the i don't have three spaces ot i don't have partt time space. bla bla blah. I finally found my diamond in the rough.

Its abt 15 mins from the hosue with no traffice but 4 miles from hubbys office. it has the three day program cos my schedule is for three days a week so i have a four day weekend. oh just the best. couldn't have asked for better. its a private christian school. the class size is very small. ratio of 1:6. they had three spaces. oh i mean they made the three spaces. they actually moved two kids up to the nxt class cos just to accomodate us. but the kids where ready to be moved up anyways academically n maturity wise. n actually they really only had to move one but the other third one had togo too cos they were best friends n they didn't want to be seperated. worked perfectly. even though i will be shelving out more than i really want to , but they r my babies they deserve nothing but the best. i think they also had diversity to the program. cos i didn't see any other black kids as i toured. oh well!

everything seemed to be falling in place till i got a call today from my employers that they would be moving 2weeks of my training to austin. Big SHIT. i don't know if that man will cop with the girls n taking care of them n gettignthem up ready for school. he can hardly wake up on time on his own in the am. i am virtually his alarm clock.


i have thot of sending them to my mom in md, but 1, she works 2, the tickets r ridiculous last minute. i am going to have to come back on the weekend n go back just for peace of mind n i still have to figure something else out for during the week.


i have been praying to join the world of working moms out there but now that i can practically taste it, i don't know. 2wks away from home!!! i know omara, u r probably saying peace of cake. :)

7 comments:

Remi Fagbohun said...

You will be fine.
It is going to be tough at first, but once you start, you will truly love it.

Good luck with the schools too, I think once you get the one you want, it will all sort itself out. Just try not to let it frustrate you.

Omara said...

I was wondering about that interview and I'm so glad you got the job! Welcome to the manic world of a working Mum - I'm in Leicester for 6 months and you have 3 babies - everyone has their own 'wahala' but God is more than able. I'm sure hubby will cope. He has to, and you will definitely benefit from the break away from home and the ability to focus on your training. 2 weeks will fly past. Have fun!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting the job.
Have you thought about joining a local chapter of mocha moms? At least there you can meet people who can direct you towards the schools and activites for your girls

lolita said...

congrats babe, am in just the same situation bout my kids am starting work on monday but i've got an aunty who's ready to keep them till i get home. sure you'll be fine and the girls will settle real quick, just take one day at a time and God will fix it all.

KemiMamaLopes said...

Hey, long time. I am sure hubby will cope with the girls and also appreciate all you do. Enjoy this time :)

Omara said...

You're working now so we don't hear from you no more? Whassup girl?

BlogVille Idol said...

BLOGVILLE IDOL

Hey guys as you know the BLOGVILE IDOL CONTEST Would be kicking off on 11th JUNE 2007...Please help us make it a succes by participating..We already have our contestants(fellow bloggers)who would be singing in the voice comment player on the blogville idol page.We need you to listen to them and vote..Pls check our page (the Condition on entry) and see what is required for u voters to do and your voting dates,the voting poll would be up soon..Pls help us turn this to a success...and pls visit the page frequently...Tanx for ur support as we try to spice things up in blogville