Wednesday, February 28, 2007

he has lost it

i think my husband has lost his darn mind!!! i don't know who he thinks he married but he bests believe i ain't no fool. i wasn't born yesterday either.

i just hate it when people just lie so blatantly and even more when they r caught in a lie n they try n turn things around on you n make u think u r d one going crazy.

my hubby calls me up a little after 5pm, he egts my voice mail, leaves me a message saying: "oh baby, guess what i just got a raise at work. my manager has been really looking out for me. i think i will stay behind n help them finish up some things that we r working on just to show my appreciation. i will probably go to the gym afterwards b4 i come home."

i listen to the message, no qualms. i can understand his excitement. he actually just started this position last week. he got promoted n actually there were quite a few haters at his job who went telling his new boss stuff about him b4 he got the position but the boss didn't budge. he got hired anyways. now just a week into d position, he is getting another raise. i would be excited too. i didn't think anything about it. infact i was like good, give me more time to get some more things done b4 he gets home.

ok so now its about 10.15, i remember that i left my watch at the gym. i had been in there earlier. so i pack up the girls, jump in the car n head to the gym to go see if someone had found my watch. i debated for a long time at home b4 going. i was tired n didnot feel like steeping out again. besides i had changed into my nightie but the fact that hubby just bought the watch for me yesterday, i always loose things n didn't feel like hearing hubbys mouth, and also the longer it gets,the likely hood of someone picking it up n taking it was greater. i remembered exactly where i left it. in the slot for bottles on the treadmill machine in the front near the window. i am like good anyways the girls will get a chance to see their dad b4 they go to bed.


i get to the gym, go in check for my watch where i left it, it wasn't there so i went to their lost n found n thank God a good samaritan had picked it up n turned it in. so i got my watch thanked everyone n went in search for my husband. he was no where to be found. i went outside to see if his car was there but it wasn't. i figured he had probably left n was on his way home or home already. i called the house as i leave the gym, no answer. i am like ok ?


so i get home, he is still not there, i call his cell, no answer. i am begigning to worry. by now he should have left work surely. there really isn't much they can do at his job after hours. should i call the cops n see if he got in an accident? anyways i didn't have to cos he called about a number of minutes later..

me: honey r u ok
him: yeah, i just picked up my phone from the locker n saw u i missed ur calls
me: u r still at the gym?
him: yeah
me: that must have been some long work out.
him: oh, it wasn't that long. i hung out abit at work wiv my excoworkers from the other department b4 i came here
me: oh, so what time did u fianlly get to the gym?
him: abt 10

mind u i got to the gym probably aroung 10:30 n i left around 10:42 n called the house at that time. i know cos i checked my phone. n its now 11:15

me: oh ok.
him: anyways i am goingto leave now, i have to go back to work, i left my.........
me ( i cut him off): whatever i will see u when u get home

i hung up.

i call him back right away. no answer. i called again he finally picks up

me: honey, can u go back to the office i left something there earlier in the day
him: i left already, i am buying gas now
me: ok just turn back u can't have gone too far
him: actually i am on my way back to my job
me: but u just left like 1 min ago, u can't have gone far. besided the gas station in in front of the gym
him: well i told u i am already on my way to my job. when i leave there i will go back to the gym
me: that makes absolutley no sense.
him: are u trying to ask me something here. why don't u just say whats on ur mind. u don't beleive i was at the gym
me: well how can i when u weren't there. i just left the gym cos i forgot my watch n u sure were not there. i looked for u cos i brought the girls
him: i don't like where this converstion is going. i have been at work working alday n u r accusing me of what

mind u he doesn't sound convincing. i know him. if he ever gets accused of something he didn't do, he gets really upset n mad. he was not upset. just stumped. cos he was caught in a lie

me: u know if u wanted to hang out wiv ur coworkers or something i would never tell u not to go but for u to lie, obviously, there is something u shouldn't be doign that u r trying to hide
him: we will talk about this when i get home
me: wherever it is that u have been they can't keep u. i mean why bother even coming home. its almost midnite. u have to be at wotk inthe morning. they can surely keep u longer since they obviosuly come ist b4 ur family. n click i hung up

i am begining to wonder why the need of marriage. why do we have to get married. i hate bullshit. i really do. i would rahter not deal. but whats the alternative? leave, raise my children by myself. i am getting real tired. its always on thing or the other. at least i know one thing for sure. i won't be missing his companionship. as is he is hardly here. always working n when he is supposed to be home getting some rest he is too busy running the streets.not hanging with friends. really he doesn't have any. i am not kidding. besides co workers. atleast thats what i know. so not hanging wiv people, just running the streets. i swear, if he is really where he says he is, then he sure is a hell of a shopahollic more than i am.

i hate that he has put doubt in my mind. he may not have been creeping. trust me i am not naive. it is extremely possibile. he may have just been simply hanging out. why not just be straight up. the worst i will do is sulk that u r not coming home to spend the time wiv me n thats is the worst.

the institution of marriage is just soo much work

13 comments:

Omara said...

My dear... tell me about it! You've got to let some things pass though and this 'over the phone' thing does not work. 'Face to face' is better, he would not have bothered lying if he had eye contact with you. Fear go catch am

suburbannaijamom said...

i know, i tried to hold it n just wait till he got home but i just couldn't take it. he was lying so blatantly. he got home n totally flipped the script. i so hate that. trying to get me on a guilty trip that he works so hard blah blah n i am so unappreciative n all i do is suspect him. welli said he tried well, he actually suceeded.
i do beleive everyday for the thief n surely that one day will coem for the owner. whatever goes around comes around. he will get his one bit one day.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I'm sorry that your husband is blatantly lying to you. Assuming he is not cheating, could you guys just talk about how you need him to be more considerate? And, if he is cheating, maybe you guys should get counseling, assuming he will agree, for the sake of your marriage and the children.

Anyway, best of luck and I will pray for you guys.

suburbannaijamom said...

@sse, thanks for the comment, we,ve talked things thru n he's apologized. i just ope that's it n no more crazy stuff. getting tired of writing abt all this unnecessary drama. gotta look forward to more upbeat stuff.

Waffarian said...

Oh honey! take care oh!

Unknown said...

I've been listening to Stve Harvey on my morning drive lately and he says one thing everyday as he signs off, Prayer really does work people. I agree, tell God you're going to need him to come help you out, either with your husband being more honest or with your patience and strength. I'm not married, so please also take my advice with a grain of salt.

chioma said...

pele oh!men can really be annoying. i know how you feel 'cus just a few weeks ago I was just thinking I would rather be a single mum than put up with all my husbands crap. I was so so tired and angry and spoke to my friend..I had even started contemplating divorce(which is sad considering I am born again) anyways my friend was able to get my to calm down and we said a short prayer.. I have never seen God answer a prayer more swiftly.Prayer really works,God created the instutition of marriage for a reason...look at older married couples you know that are happy..we can learn alot from them. Like omara said next time fashi phone gist..just try hold yourself and talk face to face.
From reading past posts its apparent that there is love in your marriage so just work on the good points (I know that can't be easy with 3 toddlers!),once he knows your on to him he won't be lying so easily Also, make sure he doesnt find your blog cus he will use that one to start quarrel.They don't want other people to know their inadequacies.All the best and God bless

chioma said...

"they try n turn things around on you n make u think u r d one going crazy." I think its the ego thing instead of admitting they did wrong and apologising they just turn the tables..men!

"The institution of marriage is just soo much work" ...my sister you got that right..One thing I can ensure is that if your husband values your marriage with God's help the rewards will far surpass the wahala(by God's grace)..My parents in law just celebrated 35yrs of marriage and believe me they ahve had their issues but when they look at each other they know it was well worth it..Same with my folks my dad passed last year, and one thing I always admired was they rock solid relationship..so beautiful. I am lucky to have such wonderful examples around me. My sister just take it easy marriage is a humbler..don't take nonsense oh! but just know that it will come and hopefully it will reduce and hopefull disappear with each passing year..Amen

Remi Fagbohun said...

oh my darling...

I wish i could give you a serious hug right now!!

The only person who really knows or truly understands what youre going through is you...you will make the best decison for you.

Pele GAN!!!

Flipping the script is classic man game...works evertime!! You just need to not let anyone get to you!

Omara said...

SNM - where are you? I hope everything is going well? Drop me a line sometime.

Remi Fagbohun said...

are you ok darling?
pls update or email so we know you are ok...
Hugs:)

Waffarian said...

Oh girl! Hope you are okay oh! long time! take care.

chioma said...

hello..like the others I hope your well..long time